Tuesday, July 6, 2010

festival.

So I've just got back from a four day festival in denmark.
It was totally amazing.
I worked in a restaurant and I got my ticket, food and drink all paid for so I was all set.

Roskilde Festival is one of europes biggest music festival and I feel so lucky that I got to go.
I worked alot which was a shame and I dont think I did it true festival style- went back to shower at a friends house. But I still saw all the things I wanted to see and had a great experience.
I've never seen anything quite like it. There was about 80,000 people there all from various places around the world. I got quite patriotic when I saw the aussie flag hanging above some tents!

Working was hard- stinking hot weather and I had four six hour shifts (reminded me of my kfc days). I thought I was going ok understanding danish but after working there I really have no idea. It was quite degrading actually. I'm sick of not understanding. I get so tired of trying that I'm seriously starting to give up. I know I shouldnt... but I just cant help it. I dont know how to fix it.
but back to the festival- I dont know what else to say other than it was totaly amazing and I loved it even though my feet were so sore from working long and walking back and fourth from places, even though it was stinking hot and even though there were so many people and it smelt like urine. I loved every moment and I'm just glad I got to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment