Friday, January 29, 2010

First Week.





For Daddy :) ^^




Now, where to start...
Well its one week since I left for dk. Bit strange really, feels like I've been here so much longer.

OK, So on Tuesday I started school, well I went in and I met the other australian girl at my school and the other exchange students. The school is nice and easy to find your way around and the danish kids are really really nice. I walked into my class and everyone introduced themselves to me and were friendly. I have absolutely no idea whats going on in class because of the language barrier but thats ok. I just draw. I have to catch the bus to and from school, which is ok.. I figured it out thanks to Louise :D Its really strange getting up and going to school in the dark and then at about 430-5pm its dark too so it feels later. I dont have a lot of classes, normally about two or three a day... means I start later or finish early. I like that :) I also think that the Danish schooling system is WAY BETTER than the Australian. In class the teachers teach through discussion and group work, even though I dont understand whats going on, I still look around the room and see that all the kids are listening and focused on the lesson, its much more engaging I think. Theres no copying from the board or copying out 2 pages of a book, theres no being talked at for 30mins straight. I think its really good. Another thing I've noticed here is the respect that Danish kids have for themselves, each other and their elders. When I watch Danish kids talk to adults they are not rude and around other kids they are friendly and treat everyone the same. I like that. I also like that they are treated as adults much younger than us and that they understand that they are responsible for the choices they make.

I've made some nice friends and they are going to take me to some festivals and around Copenhagen :) I cant wait.
For Australia Day I made a pav and my Familt really liked it :) they also made me a nice bbq :)

The other night Marianne, Louise and I made a snow man :) That was so fun and earlier I had my first snowball fight :)

Its been very cold here, but I dont mind, I just race home for a hot choccy :)

Tonight I am going to an exchange get together that should be fun!

It was my last night at the Vesterholm's. I've enjoyed staying for the week. They are really lovely people :)


I'm not homesick anymore, I miss things.. but its going ok... I know I'm gunna have a blast this year!! :D








No comments:

Post a Comment